Thursday, March 24, 2011

Blues and blue skies

Well, life has begun to throw questions my way once more. I still have 11 months in Uganda but it doesn't seem long. Assumptions have been shattered and new ideas birthed, as always happens, and between the computer screen and my heart, it's unnerving and causing me some un-peace. 


It's an odd time at the moment. Feeling unsettled, sleepless and discontent and yet enjoying each day. Waking up feeling blue and pinning the 'feeling' on somehow lacking enough solid time with God to make me 'feel' better... a thought now hits me: perhaps the feelings are supposed to be a bit grey at the moment. Feelings must bow the knee to truth and can be based on lies. Truth lifts the heart and head. 


Perhaps God is re-emphasising a truth learnt and treasured in times gone by... this day, in the haze of grey skies and sleepless nights, what will be the foundation?
  • Feelings which drag me down but are without depth... a simple exploration corrects the balance
  • OR God's truth 
I've learnt, forgotten and remembered the correct order: Truth, Believe, Behave, Feel. Seek the truth, choose to believe, behave accordingly, and over time 'feel' it. 


Dark and cloudy feelings are put there by our own forgetful minds and by Satan who pulls our attention from God and sinks us into the big, springs-sticking-out armchair of wallowing. 

Truth brings peace like a mug of milky hot chocolate brings comfort and warmth. Aw, that's better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment