Monday, December 20, 2010

Daily

Daily guidance to good works after and under loving Christ...
Conclusion to pondering life, purpose and lifestyle. 


If eternal life is knowing God in Jesus, and if Jesus brought God glory on earth by completing the work He was given to do, then it is fair to conclude that I have eternal life through knowing God in Christ and I will bring Him glory on earth by completing the work He is giving me to do (John 17:3-4, Ephesians 2:10).


His commands are to love Him and love my neighbour - but how can I love God if I don't know God? Without knowledge and intimacy, there is no appreciation, enthralment, praise and value. 

I want to know God - his works, words and HIM. Only through knowing Him can I love Him, or else my love is unfounded and blind. You do not love one you do not know, but hold in your heart's dearest place the people you know best. I want to know Christ, and treasure Him in my heart's deepest room of adoration, intimacy and life-long fascination.



I want to love my neighbour and know them - personality, loves and dislikes, their fears and dreams, and make all these things precious and protected for their sake. Love is listening. Love is responsive both in the presence of the Object and after. 


To love God first, and love others second, and to daily seek God's guidance towards the good works He planned in advance for me to do, this is purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment