Monday, February 13, 2012

And so dawns 2012

Hello friends, it has been a LONG time but the lack has not been due to any sinister reason, just some lack of a plan!


Here in Nottingham, sitting at my new Argos desk which I built by myself (massive achievement for Nortons in the name of DIY) feeling a deep level of domestic bliss. God leads us in many ways - occasionally reluctantly but usually through what we want. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed my life thus far and done exactly what I wanted. He has changed my heart's desire to fit His own footprints, and He has brought me contentedness and fulfilment.


Work in Nottingham is not yet realised, and unemployment thus far has been delightful - lots of admin, resting, nesting and job-hunting. I am not bored or idle, but dipping into Rally Project (a feeding programme) and Street Pastors. THESE projects are why I am in Nottingham as part of Grace Church, stretching hands out to people who are usually ignored or written off. Life in Uganda has taught me that every person regardless of what they have has inherent dignity because God thought of them, made them, sustains them and has a good and positive purpose for them. Without exception. Even in Nottingham.


My current state of bliss is due in no small part to my new housemate: Bond, Lizzie Bond. As we discussed yesterday she has a perfect name - Elizabeth makes her regal, Bond makes her totally cool. She is working for a charity raising money to support the maternal health of African women. She attends Trent Vineyard and has lived in Nottingham for 10 years, arriving at the same time as me in 2002. She is fun, friendly, singing, generous and completely wonderful. I am a lucky lady.


Cue: the inspiring part. Cutting a LONG story short, I had a scare in Uganda that I may be infected with HIV. Rest, I am not. But God posed questions and formed answers during that time of waiting... If I did happen to be HIV+, how would I live?



·        I would find the most Kingdom-building, effective job possible and work at it with all my heart.
·        I would invest daily and heavily in my eternal relationship with God.
·        I would seek God’s people, geography and mission for my life and be utterly devoted.
·        I would throw away my DVD collection and excess possessions and live simply and generously.
·        I would pray and work hard to inspire Christians around me.
·        I would forget about what I look like and be utterly practical.
·        I would forget all about romance, and invest instead in meaningful friendships and as an honourary aunt.
·        I would build relationships with AIDS sufferers and other people with terminal illnesses, preaching with all my heart, praying that they would know their loving Saviour and Lord.



So why not now?

1 comment: