Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Health Watch

Well, a brief one today, after a monster gap in blogging. I'm ill again, hence picking the bile-coloured font.


This time, a bacterial infection of the digestion... no comment except a word of warning: steer clear. I am one of 8 off from Oasis this week for similar ailments apart from one particularly icky case of malaria (sorry Gill). And another bizarre symptom of this bug is an incredibly sore back. My hips hurt, my shoulders are agony, and everything is... well, just uncomfortable. Sitting, lying, standing - it's no good. And I'm getting a little tired of it, and would like to feel normal again. 


SO... antibiotics and painkillers on top of the normal meds fill my pill box. I'm rattling, it's bad. I think I should stop ALL pills and see what happens. I'd love to rely on God for health every day, and ask Him for healing whenever my head aches... maybe it's a lack of faith, but as John Perkins says take Tylenol, and trust God for miracles we can't do by ourselves. 


Shameless plug: 'Follow me to freedom' by Shane Claiborne and John Perkins - a conversation about leadership and followership. (Thanks mum, great Christmas prezzie)


ANYWAY, moan over, love from Uganda x

No comments:

Post a Comment